6/23/2013

A Lazy Sunday

Nonbiri

I said Friday was a "free day," but it didn't even compare to the free-ness of that Sunday. I slept in a little, ate breakfast, and admired my accumulation of stuff.
Not pictured: omiyage.
 After sitting around and browsing the internet, doing my homework, and just being lazy in general, I headed over to another, closer supermarket called "Harves" (not a typo) with Kilo and Jackson to check it out.

Harves? Sounds like some kind of disease...
 It was a really nice place. It was a little more westernized, and everything was a little cleaner. While I was there, some guy came up to me and started interviewing me in English. I hear this is pretty common, but it's the first time it happened to me outside of the school activities.

Unlike the guy in that video, I don't really mind being interrogated by a Japanese person who wants to use English. If anything, I admire them for coming up and talking to me. I'm pretty shy, and if I realize somebody speaks Japanese, I usually won't approach them in America. But if I did, I wouldn't want them shrugging me off, and I would hate to think I was annoying them.

After eating my dinner of leftover curry, I took a bath and went to bed. It ended up being a pretty uneventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment